Elf Spirit Hunters (Amiga+Windows)
A downloadable game for Windows
Inspired by David Crane's Ghostbusters, this is a short Amiga game developed for Tom Hall's Toybox Jam 4. As such, it only uses the "off the shelf" assets provided for the Jam.
Can you free the world of the last remaining Halloween Spirits before Christmas?
How to play:
- You have 24 days to repay the bank $5500 and recapture all 12 loose Halloween spirits.
- Hire elves from the shop. At least two are needed to carry the spirit chests, hiring more will result in fewer trips back to the north pole if elves are injured.
- Buy spirit chests from the shop. The more you have, the fewer trips back to the north pole are needed when you've captured spirits.
- Buy batteries from the shop. The more batteries you have, the less likely the beams are to run out during gameplay.
During a gameplay sequence:
- Position the chest somewhere near the center of the play field, and then press the button to drop the chest.
- Align the left Elf towards the left side of the screen and press the button, and the right Elf towards the right side of the screen and press the button.
- Bring the Elves closer together to force the Spirit close to the chest (but not too close to each other! The joy beams crossing will injure both Elves)
- Press action to launch a capture heart from the spirit chest. If the heart hits the spirit, you've managed to capture it.
If you're successful, the Spirit will be captured. If you miss, one or more of your team may be injured.
- Joystick in port 2
- Cursor keys and right ctrl
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.